Now an unlocked version of the IRONMAN HELMET is included in a zip with other parts of the suit at [link]
you can see what's in the zip here
The helmet is fully functional, it is a high detailed papercraft based on a laser scanned model found at [link]
. It's part of my MARK III and MARK IV Cosplay suit.
Here are a few tips to build it right:
1. You can use a different material for the eyes, I have used the bottom of a disposable plate.
2. There are two little cones where you might install two 3volt high intensity leds, and place two AA batteries between the eyebrows.
3. Leave some gaps between the eyes and above of them so you can see through them, it's not much but you can see through "scanning". And be sure there is no light reflected from the leds back to your eyes or you wouldn't see anything at all.
4. Use galvanized wire to build the sliders and screw them to the face using flat head screws, nuts and washers.
5. Install a magnetic lock behind the mouth for instant lock when the face fall in place.
6. Join all the (helmet's) nape parts using two paralell ribbons
To wear it slide the (helmet's) nape parts up, insert your head slowly watching your ears, once inside slide the (helmet's) nape parts down.
To open the face, lift and slide back.